Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)
The aim of the Local Offer is to include transparency, improving communication with parents regarding information and advice and improving outcomes for children. We aim to work in partnership with parents and carers to get the best outcomes for all the children at Leatherhead Trinity School & Nursery.
We aim to deliver a broad and balanced curriculum that is inclusive of all children and takes into account the requirements of children with Special Educational Needs (SEND). A child is defined as having SEND if she/he has a significantly greater difficulty or ability in learning or developing skills than the majority of children, or/and if he/she has medical, physical, emotional or behavioural problems that interfere with his/her education. These difficulties may be temporary or permanent.
At Leatherhead Trinity School & Nursery we aim to:
· identify all children requiring SEND provision as early as possible in their school career.
· provide a differentiated curriculum appropriate to the individual’s needs and ability.
· ensure that children with special needs take as full part as possible in all aspects of school life.
· keep parents of children with special needs, fully informed of their child’s progress and attainment.
· ensure that children with special needs are involved, where appropriate, in decisions affecting their future special needs provision.
Parents play a vital role and are involved in all stages of this process. Mrs Anna Gattey, our Head of Inclusion, ensures the appropriate SEND provision for children at Leatherhead Trinity School & Nursery. She is supported in her role by the SEND Link Governor.
The aim of Leatherhead Trinity’s Local Offer is to include transparency, improving communication with parents regarding information and advice and improving outcomes for children.
If you would like more information on the processes and what Surrey has to offer, please visit the Surrey Local Offer website:
If you click on the links below you will find detailed information about the provision for pupils at Leatherhead Trinity School & Nursery.