Welcome to year reception remote learning area. Please use the suggested times for activities below as a guide. however, some children may need longer to complete the task.
- 30 minutes in the morning on a phonics task.
- 10 minutes- read to your child daily, sharing a story book, and then asking them questions about the story.
- 10 minutes - if your child has started to read then hear your child read each day ( words & simple sentences)
- 15 minutes - support children's focus and concentration by playing a simple game or completing a puzzle.
- 15 minutes on a maths activity.
- Throughout the day make sure you have plenty of opportunities for practical learning and learning through play. Try to remain as active as possible throughout the day. Allow lots of time for children to master all self-care needs - getting dressed & undressed, feeding themselves using cutlery and using the toilet completely independently. Use opportunities at home to remind children of routines and structure for learning.