Early Years Foundation
EYFS at Leatherhead Trinity
At Leatherhead Trinity we have nursery spaces for children aged between 2 and 4 years old. Our nursery class (butterflies) have several different sessions.
- Mon - Fri: 8.45am – 11.45am (term time only)
- Mon and Tues 9.15am -3.15pm Weds 8.45am-11.45am (term time only)
- Weds 11.45am - 2.45pm Thurs and Fri 9.15am – 3.15pm (term time only)
Our nursery is based at the Woodvill Road school site along with our Reception classes (Bumblebee and Ladybird).
The Early Years Foundation Stage is divided into seven key areas of learning.
Three Prime Areas
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Personal, social and emotional development
These areas are crucial for igniting children’s curiosity and enthusiasm, and for developing their capacity to learn and their ability to form relationships and thrive.
Four Specific Areas
- Understanding of the world
- Expressive arts and design
At this age much of the learning occurs through structured play which has been carefully
planned by the staff. All of our staff work very closely together to ensure continuity of care;
they plan activities and experiences for the children and use the Early Years Foundation Stage as guidance for the children’s development and learning.
We use the following Early Years Foundation Stage document for planning and assessment.