Welcome to year nursery remote learning resources. Please use the suggested times below as a guide as your child may take longer to get through an activity.
Communication & Language, Reading & Mathematics
- Share stories with children every day (10 minutes).
- Try to use the same book a few times so children become familiar with the story, setting & characters.
- After reading the book to children a couple of times, talk about the story asking simple questions.
- Show children how to hold a book and turn pages.
- Now get children to retell the story in their own words or get them to talk about an event in the story.
- Use simple objects at home for counting and saying number names in order (1-10) - 10 minutes daily.
- Count action like claps / jumps to say number names aloud.
- Spending 10 minutes completing a simple puzzle or playing a game daily is a good way to develop focus and concentration.
- Making time to talk to children or having simple conversations (during bath, bed or lunch times) is the most effective way to develop their vocabulary & language skills.
- Get children active through taking walks to the park or physical activity in the garden.
- Allow children opportunities to become independent in managing all self-care tasks - taking themselves to the toilet, feeding themselves using cutlery etc.